Saturday, August 12, 2017

Kauai

I love Hawaii with all my heart. Given any moment if you ask me if I could be anywhere right now, where would I go? It'll always be Hawaii. Any island doesn't matter just please, please let me be over there. So cheers to my next island adventure, the beautiful island of Kauai.

Flying into Kauai was so beautiful. The island at a distance was just breathtaking – so green and lush.


It was definitely a different experience here than in Maui because the island is much smaller. I reserved a bed at Kauai Beach House Hostel. I had a laidback time here as it was very quiet and not crowded. One of my favorite memories is sitting at the picnic table in the kitchen with three other girls all from various cultures. One from Israel, another from France, and last but not least New Zealand. We talked about love and shared our experience. One of the girls read some poems she had written in her travel journal. Another gushed upon her romantic take on love and one had been traveling for the last year on her own. And then there's me who just felt so grateful to have this moment. Midnight came and it was New Zealand's birthday so we sang in different languages and called it a night.




The next day came I woke up early to see the sunrise. I went to rent a bike because that would be my best bet of transportation. I just didn't feel like going around using the bus. The rental shop owner  sparked conversation with me by noticing my Muir Woods cap, which he told me the story of how his dad used to carve a lot of wood and they would travel to San Francisco to sell them as souvenirs at Muir Woods. I biked to my heart's content taking in grand views of the island. I stopped at beaches, finished my book, had some shaved ice, and had a great day pampering myself enjoying the sun. 




No comments:

Post a Comment