Sunday, August 13, 2017

Oahu

I think I was 12 (maybe) my first time going to Honolulu and I went with my childhood friend Claudia and her family. My second time was last year with my boyfriend for his 21st birthday and I would say that was my first honest experience in Hawaii. So this was my third time in beautiful Oahu and I couldn't be more excited especially to travel with my boyfriend again.


Despite it being much more crowded than Maui and Kauai, I love Oahu. I think I find the sand the softest here in which someone joked to me before, "because of the mass of people stepping on it." We rented a car and stopped at Rainbow's Drive Inn first thing because it was somewhere I wanted to try last year but didn't get a chance to. And it was so disappointing! I blame Guy Fieri for this since I saw this joint in an episode of DDD. But it did cure my hunger so I can't complain. I think a lot of the plates depend on quantity over quality because I did get a great amount of food but it just tasted so average.


We went to a few beaches, had some shaved ice, and just enjoyed each other's company being here again. So cheesy, right? We had dinner at The Pig and the Lady which is a more upscale Vietnamese restaurant. Of course we had no idea because the last time we were here we tried The Pig and the Lady at the farmer's market. So we walked into this really nice restaurant with typical beachwear and stood out awkwardly but it was funny. We expressed our embarrassment to our servers and they laughed reassuring us it's perfectly okay. It was an amazing meal. We had the duck pho, their signature Asian fusioned wings, oysters, seared ahi tuna, and this awesome combination of wasabi-cucumber fused soft serve. I basically ordered half the menu.


We woke up early to go snorkeling at Hanauma Bay the next day since coming in before 7am, both parking and admission is free. I'll never get tired of snorkeling. We were able to find a giant eel which was amazing since last time we were so excited over a tiny eel. Then we went to Marukame Udon and had the best curry udon. It was a short time we had this time here but always a good one nonetheless.


Until next time, Hawaii! Kona's definitely next; I've never been!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous! Definitely recommend to go visit at least once. ( :

      Delete